The Data Engineer will lead the development of data warehousing solutions to power business intelligence at The Hive. They will synthesize business requirements for analytics, operational and fundraising information, creating and implementing solutions to integrate data from various enterprise systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write code to build ETL processes to integrate information from various enterprise IT systems.
• Ability to perform API integrations on platforms such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud. We use Postgres SQL for our data stores and AWS for hosting.
• Design new data structures, add to and optimize existing data schemas.
• Ability to analyze upstream and downstream effects of a change in existing data structures and planning for change management.
• Understand key strategies and business processes of internal clients across the organization in order to provide the best solution to achieve their outcomes.
• Conduct analyses of business or technical user needs, document requirements and design tailored data solutions.
• Monitor performance of ETL processes and build in redundancies to avoid risk of an information outage.
• Provide support and troubleshoot questions arising from report developers and business users of these data solutions.
• Track and document work done and communicate progress with business users in a timely manner. • Ability to adapt and/or modify processes in response to changing circumstances.
• Well versed in specific industry best practices, and an ability to adapt them to U4U’s environment.
• Ability to work effectively across multiple complex projects.
• Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field required and/or combined equivalent of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
• At least 6 years of experience as a business or technical professional in business intelligence, data modeling or related field.
• Experience with data integration, building database objects using SQL, optimizing queries and writing stored procedures. (> 5 years.)
• Experience in writing SQL queries, coding in Python, and creating systems in the Cloud Computing Space, preferably Amazon Web Services Redshift and/or Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (Salesforce NPSP.)
• Experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) tools from various platforms, database management systems, disparate data sources, and APIs.
• Experience in defining and documenting complex systems requirements.
• Strong ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams to analyze business requirements and recommend solutions.
• Strong communication skills translating technical to non0technical audiences.
• Experience with CRM’s, preferably Salesforce.
• Experience with working on different file types for both structured and unstructured data.
• Must be self-sufficient and self-motivated
• Basic knowledge and experience in machine learning to support data science solutions.
• Demonstrates sound judgement and strong decision-making skills
• Demonstrates emotional intelligence when interacting with employees, peers and vendors
• Demonstrates passion for U4U’s mission
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lb.); minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment; may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard.
• Extended periods of sitting at a workstation or desk and manual dexterity to work efficiently on computer keyboard for data entry and composing of documents.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment. May also involve travel to some locations within the company’s region of operations and select donor locations. **Due to COVID-19, all USA for UNHCR staff are currently working remotely and all travel has been temporarily suspended.**
USA for UNHCR will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
USA for UNHCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refugees and all other protected classes are encouraged to apply.
Your application was submitted successfully.