USA for UNHCR seeks a passionate, dynamic, and results-oriented Senior Director, Partnerships who will develop new, innovative corporate and foundation partnerships, while maintaining deep and meaningful ties with the organization’s long-standing partners. The candidate needs to be skilled in PPP, cause related marketing, foundation support, marketing, employee engagement, and the full range of corporate and foundation relationships.
In concert with the Chief Development Officer, the Senior Director will design, articulate, and implement a comprehensive partnership-building strategy for the organization. The Senior Director is a member of the Cross Functional Team (CFT) and it is envisaged that this position is based in USA for UNHCR’s New York City Office with domestic travel throughout the United States, including USA for UNHCR’s Washington, DC headquarters.
The ideal candidate is passionate about USA for UNHCR’s mission, has a strong personal commitment to human rights issues, and understands how to successfully build and engage initiatives that align with the core mission of the organization. Such an affinity for USA for UNHCR’s mission will be essential in successfully developing a vision for the partnerships program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Partner with the Chief Development Officer to establish priorities implementing a comprehensive and strategic Partnerships plan that builds upon the strengths of existing development efforts, and aggressively pursue new all-encompassing partnership opportunities for funding and engagement.
• Oversee a staff of 2 currently who are focused on corporate and foundation strategic initiatives.
• Deepen relationships with current corporate and foundation partners while launching initiatives to identify and target new business opportunities for major financial contributions, both for restricted and unrestricted purposes.
• Research, develop and oversee strategic foundation and corporate funding proposals, reports and other materials.
• Reinforce a culture of philanthropic investment among all stakeholders, from staff to volunteers to donors.
• Guide and support programmatic staff who are engaged with fundraising. Utilize key leaders’ time and talents appropriately with respect to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts.
• Report regularly to the Chief Development Officer on outcomes, efforts, and progress toward departments’ goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• At least fifteen years of managerial experience managing complex multi-million dollar partnerships.
• Exposure to strategic planning, and formulating/executing successful, comprehensive multi-¬million dollar corporate and foundation fundraising programs brokering multi-million dollar partnerships.
• Experience in implementing multi-dimensional partnerships in a UN environment.
• Bachelor's degree required; relevant master’s degree preferred.
• Proven ability to identify, cultivate and secure innovative corporate partnerships, cause-related marketing programs and support from foundations.
• Strong understanding of philanthropic trends, corporate social responsibility, shared value partnerships, impact investing, employee engagement, cause marketing.
• Proven experience in driving new business.
• Proven experience in account management.
• Strong research and analytical skills, including the ability to proactively identify new foundation and corporate opportunities.
• Goal orientated with strong internal direction and motivation.
• Grivatas, strong management skills, both strategic and operations, and a demonstrated ability to build, manage, mentor, and motivate an effective team.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior leadership, Board members, staff, and volunteers, providing strong support and inspiring them to productive action.
• Thoughtful and creative problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional written and communications skills with the ability to produce and oversee development of compelling executive level presentations, written proposals, and other market development materials.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-¬paced, diverse, and demanding environment with constantly changing priorities due to newly emerging opportunities.
• Willingness to travel.
• Knowledgeable of industry best practice, trends, issues, and solutions.
• Familiarity with and demonstrated commitment to international human rights is essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lb.); minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment; may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard
• Extended periods of sitting at a workstation or desk and manual dexterity to work efficiently on computer keyboard for data entry and composing of documents
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment. May also involve travel to some locations within the company’s region of operations and select donor locations.
USA for UNHCR will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
USA for UNHCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refugees and all other protected classes are encouraged to apply.
Your application was submitted successfully.