The Business Systems Director leads the effort to identify and manage data, processes and technology platform solutions for the fundraising teams. They partner closely with business unit stakeholders across Fundraising teams, the Hive, Advocacy, Communications and Finance to fully understand their business practices, challenges and ambitions for future service. They lead the selection, implementation and major upgrade of fundraising cross-channel tools and processes. They will enable agile and continuous improvement methodology and build a culture that is innovative, donor-centric, business responsive, and collaborative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead and promote appropriate use of the fundraising database in optimizing the donor experience and maximizing staff efficiency and effectiveness
• Support colleagues in technology adoption and change management; develop, monitor, report and improve CRM adoption stats
• Collaborate with stakeholders to collect and prioritize department-wide technology solution needs; create and implement the business systems roadmap
• Develop solution integration architecture diagram
• Develop and manage annual technology budget for the fundraising team
• Lead successful technology projects with internal technical professionals, business unit stakeholders, vendors, and consultants; set project schedule, manage communications, secure resources, measure and report on defined outcomes
• Develop and implement data governance protocols with business units
• Work with the Hive to develop data security and privacy standards
• Manage a strong team of technical professionals consisting of System Administrator, Business Analyst, and System Analyst to delivery technology solution implementations, modifications, and enhancements.
• Build strong relationships with super users in fundraising teams and provide technical guidance and sign off for technology solutions of the department
• Develop relationships with 3rd party platform vendors to gain insights into product roadmaps and manage vendors in the delivery of platform modifications and enhancements
• Set and promote project management best practices across the stakeholder groups
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 12+ years managing cross-functional technology or process improvement projects
• 12+ years managing medium to large-scale donor management systems, CRM or ERP. Experience using, configuring or managing Salesforce an advantage
• Bachelor's degree required; relevant master’s degree preferred.
• Excellent project management skills with a strong results orientation
• Ability to develop strong partnerships with both the technology and business stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability in managing vendors’ delivery and influencing product roadmaps
• Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment, particularly in cross-functional teams across multiple lines of business
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-¬paced, diverse, and demanding environment with constantly changing priorities due to newly emerging opportunities.
• Willingness to travel.
• Familiarity with and demonstrated commitment to international human rights is essential.
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve highly complex issues
• Consistently demonstrates professional maturity
• Consistently takes the initiative to accomplish work
• Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions
• Acts as visionary for the department and the organization
• Ability to motivate and empower employees to perform to the best of their abilities
• Ability to be flexible, collaborative and catalytic
• Consistently demonstrates patience
• Demonstrates passion for USA for UNHCR’s mission
USA for UNHCR has two office locations. Washington, DC (Headquarters) and New York, NY. This position is available to fill in both locations. **Please note, due to COVID-19, both offices are currently working remotely.**
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lb.); minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment; may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard
• Extended periods of sitting at a workstation or desk and manual dexterity to work efficiently on computer keyboard for data entry and composing of documents
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment. May also involve travel to some locations within the company’s region of operations and select donor locations.
USA for UNHCR will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
USA for UNHCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refugees and all other protected classes are encouraged to apply.
Your application was submitted successfully.