The Senior Advisor, Private Sector Engagement will support the design, articulation, and implementation of a whole of agency resource mobilization plan to develop new philanthropic opportunities and bring new, private sector corporate and foundation partners to the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide dynamic and innovative leadership for USA for UNHCR’s private sector fundraising efforts, supporting the development of a corporate and foundation pipeline, fundraising and stewardship program that supports short- and long-term goals with existing and new philanthropic opportunities.
• Manage the direct solicitation of private sector partners and the pipeline planning and development of a large portfolio of contributors and members stewarded personally or by other senior staff or team members.
• Collaborate with the Chief Development Officer and Director to develop a new business strategy to identify and target new partners for major financial contributions, both for restricted and unrestricted purposes and as needed, deepen relationships with current private sectors partners.
• Provide leadership in identifying, developing, and implementing new philanthropic products and partnership opportunities to create exponential and transformational growth, with a focus on deliverable opportunities for the next 3-5 years.
• Collaborate with advocacy, communications and other departments to position USA for UNHCR as a thought leader in private sector engagement and partnership development.
• Identify, inspire and engage a group of elite, private sector partners interested in promoting the refugee cause.
• Reinforce a culture of philanthropic investment among all stakeholders, from staff to volunteers to donors.
• Utilize key leaders’ time and talents appropriately with respect to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts.
• As needed, manage relevant department operations and make recommendations for systems and tools that support the identification, solicitation and stewardship of private sector partners
• Work in close collaboration with the Donor Care team to keep donors informed, thanked, and involved; as needed, provide vehicles for more effective Board communications related to private sector partnership development.
• Support and contribute to an environment that rewards new ideas and entrepreneurship, creating a culture that celebrates innovation, builds confidence, encourages teamwork, and promotes diversity.
• Work collaboratively and in coordination with other departments. Conduct effective interdepartmental communications and provide regular summaries of relevant development activities to USA for UNHCR Directors, senior staff, Executive Leadership Team, and teams as needed.
• Develop and implement strategies to take advantage of USA for UNHCR’s Strategic Framework and campaign initiatives.
• Report regularly to the Chief Development Officer, Executive Leadership Team and Executive Director on outcomes, efforts, and progress toward departments’ goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• At least 10 years of fundraising experience with demonstrated experience formulating/executing successful, comprehensive multimillion dollar partnerships or other fundraising programs
• Bachelor’s degree required; relevant master’s degree preferred
• Proven ability to identify, cultivate and secure corporate partnerships along a spectrum of opportunities (gift-in-kind, funding, cause-related marketing, employee engagement, etc.)
• Strong understanding of gift-in-kind, shared value partnerships and impact investing.
• Proven experience in driving new business.
• Proven experience in account management.
• Goal orientated with strong internal direction and motivation.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in matrixed environments with senior leadership, Board members, staff, and volunteers, providing strong support and inspiring them to productive action.
• Thoughtful and creative problem-solving skills.
• Superior writing skills, as well as strong presentation, marketing and communication skills, with the ability to deal with sensitive human rights issues, directly and passionately, and to translate USA for UNHCR s mission and programs into fundraising initiatives that garner financial support.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, diverse, and demanding environment with constantly changing priorities due to newly emerging opportunities.
• Willingness to travel.
• Familiarity with and demonstrated commitment to international human rights is essential.
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve highly complex issues.
• Consistently demonstrates professional maturity
• Consistently takes the initiative to accomplish work.
• Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions.
• Ability to be flexible, collaborative, and catalytic
• Consistently demonstrates patience
• Demonstrates passion for USA for UNHCR’s mission
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment. **Please note, due to COVID-19, all USA for UNHCR staff are currently working remotely.**
USA for UNHCR will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
USA for UNHCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refugees and all other protected classes are encouraged to apply.
Your application was submitted successfully.