The Human Resources (HR) team at USA for UNHCR is looking for a Senior HR Business Partner (Sr. HRBP) to join a community of committed HR professionals. Primary responsibilities include serving as the Sr. HRBP and consultant to internal client groups to help build organizational capability to meet HR and organizational strategic goals. The Sr. HR Business Partner will develop and implement value-added HR programs and initiatives as well as support all aspects of HR for assigned client group.
The Sr. HR Business Partner will be the focal point to consult on and assist in the implementation of HR strategy, programs, and policies across multiple teams, including talent identification, performance management, employee relations, compensation, reward and recognition, succession planning, organization and staff development, leadership/bench strength development, staffing, and other areas within the HR body of knowledge. The implementation of these programs will be through proficient leadership and project management skills and close collaboration with the CHRO.
To be successful in accomplishing all of this, you will need to keep the employee experience at the center of what you build. You will need to establish strong relationships and drive change by bringing a contagious curiosity that inspires others to explore what might be possible and embrace new ways of thinking and working. Most importantly, you will need to make the possibilities become a reality and continue to pioneer a new path forward long after the solution is in place. Come join a team where you can be a part of building the future of the employee experience while growing your career. Non-profit HR experience is strongly preferred.
Key Human Resources Traits:
• Unwavering ethics and values; trusted partner
• Strong partner and team player; focused on organizational and team success
• Never satisfied with status quo; always pushing for improvements and change
• Excellent business acumen: focused on how HR processes and tools accelerate business results
• Embraces ambiguity
• Solution-oriented; balances qualitative and quantitative measures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establish intimate understanding of the business, build, and expand relationships with business unit leadership teams, and create close partnerships across the organizations
• Identify trends, risks, and opportunities within the organization and develop solutions in partnership with the CHRO
• Advise the CHRO on new ideas and winning practices in the areas of talent acquisition, assessment, development, organizational effectiveness, strategy, on-boarding, change management and communications
• Play a key change leadership role in the company’s transformation by reinforcing a culture of growth, innovation and calculated risk taking through the application of human resources strategy, tools, and processes
• Leadership Development—focused on comprehensive succession planning and strategic leadership movement. Partner with business leaders to build leadership depth to support the succession planning process.
• Support and enable leaders to make informed decisions about talent and to hold their teams accountable for business results.
• Conduct assessments and anticipate HR-related needs within their respective client groups making recommendations and developing plans including goals and priorities.
• Proactively communicate needs to the HR department. The Sr HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions and is a change agent and champion for new HR initiatives and programs.
• Will serve as a mentor to HRBP(s) staff.
• Ability to drive HR initiatives (can start with a blank sheet, design a plan/program/process and execute on a timeline). Strong relationship building skills; proven track record of building collaborative partnerships as the basis for being able to influence direction and drive change
• Strong consulting skills: able to dissect the root cause or core problem to solve and bring appropriate solutions and resources to bear deep talent mindset coupled with practical experience in driving leader development
• Proven track record of being able to assess, diagnose and design creative and innovate organizational solutions. Strong analytical skills; able to translate business strategy into implications for workforce (hiring, shaping, etc.)
• Strategic thinking – sees the big picture and connects the dots; also dives into the details as necessary
• Support large-scale projects and lead small to mid-scale projects that increase leader, team, and organization effectiveness, drive digital transformation, and promote culture change
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 6 years HR leadership experience (with relevant experience; equivalent education and/or experience; experience through certifications).
• Non-profit HR experience is strongly preferred
• Demonstrated employee relations experience with a working knowledge of recruitment, facilitation, & training delivery
• Ability to provide advanced consulting on and skillful application of HR principles, concepts, policies, and practices to solve business challenges
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence others.
• Ability to support the business and HR team with minimal task supervision, utilizing relationships to ensure alignment with organizational priorities and proactively sharing best practices for team learning and growth
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional projects to completion including organizing, planning, scheduling, and following up on all project related items
• The ability to travel as needed (up to 25% of the time)
• Must be self-sufficient and self-motivated
• Successfully manages up and down
• Demonstrates sound judgement and strong decision-making skills
• Demonstrates emotional intelligence when interacting with employees, peers and vendors
• Ability to inspire and motivate employees
• Ability to be diplomatic when making decisions and creating solutions
• Demonstrates passion for U4U’s mission
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment. May also involve travel to some locations within the company’s region of operations and select donor locations. **Please note, due to COVID-19, all USA for UNHCR staff are currently working remotely.**
USA for UNHCR will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
USA for UNHCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refugees and all other protected classes are encouraged to apply.
Your application was submitted successfully.