The Manager, Partnerships Marketing & Communication will be responsible for developing communications strategies and materials to help engage U.S. audiences around key USA for UNHCR private sector partnership initiatives. This role will create tailored, audience-centric communications plans and use creativity, communication skills and strategic thinking to build and execute an external communication strategy that empowers our partners with key messaging and drives success for the organization. The role will work closely with both the Partnerships and Communications teams to adapt strategies and communication that fuel growth for our private sector partnerships. The successful candidate will create shared value propositions, collateral and various other forms of marketing content that support the needs of our private sector partners. Excellent marketing, communications, collaboration and cross-functional coordination are critical to success. The ideal candidate is an experienced communications professional with a demonstrated passion for USA for UNHCR's mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and execute external partner marketing and communications strategies and materials that drive growth for key private sector partnerships in the U.S.
- Develop and drive clear and coordinated marketing communications plans to achieve awareness goals for key initiatives, campaigns and signature projects
- Lead joint communication projects with major private sector partners in the U.S.
- Understand the unique needs and motivations of private sector partners
- Create compelling, integrated marketing content such as strategic presentations, talking points, op-ed placements, one-pagers, etc.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Partnerships, Communications and Advocacy teams to ensure private sector communications and marketing plans are aligned with and reflective of the broader organizational communication goals and strategies
- Identify opportunities to engage senior leadership to promote key partnerships to support the broader thought leadership agenda, including major conferences, panel discussions and public speaking engagements
- Track and evaluate communications plans and implementation and report regularly on progress and lessons learned
- Develop opportunities to use data and impact to enhance our partner storytelling efforts
- Identify opportunities to collaborate more closely with private sector partners, including through external joint storytelling
- Develop and implement strategies to take advantage of USA for UNHCR’s Strategic Framework and campaign initiatives
- Report regularly to the Director, Private Sector Engagement on outcomes, efforts and progress toward goals
- Research innovative marketing and communications approaches based on industry trends and drive adoption of new strategies, techniques and tactics
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- At least 6 years of experience leading partner communications and awareness, including building compelling content
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Ability to respond quickly to time-sensitive situations
- Experience communicating complex, large-scale concepts clearly and simply, including using design tools to create visually appealing presentations.
- Ability to write in different styles tailored to stakeholder, audience and message
- Superior critical thinking, writing and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of shared value propositions and partner engagement
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in matrixed environments with senior leadership, Board members, staff, and volunteers, providing strong support and inspiring them to productive action
- Strong presentation, marketing and communication skills, with the ability to deal with sensitive human rights issues, directly and passionately, and to translate USA for UNHCR s mission and programs into fundraising initiatives that garner financial support
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, diverse, and demanding environment with constantly changing priorities due to newly emerging opportunities
- Familiarity with and demonstrated commitment to international human rights is essential
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve highly complex issues
- Consistently demonstrates professional maturity
- Consistently takes the initiative to accomplish work
- Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to be flexible, collaborative and catalytic
- Consistently demonstrates patience
- Demonstrates passion for USA for UNHCR’s mission
USA for UNHCR has two office locations. Washington, DC (Headquarters) and New York, NY. There is one position available to fill in either location. **Please note, due to COVID-19, both offices are currently working remotely.**
USA for UNHCR will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
USA for UNHCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refugees and all other protected classes are encouraged to apply.