Reporting to the Senior Director, Direct Response, Director, Mid-Level Gifts is responsible for cultivation, stewardship and relationship management for USA for UNHCR’s Mid-level Donor program. Middle Donors give between $1,000 and $9,999 annually. The position will develop and execute stewardship, cultivation and solicitations strategies for current and prospective Middle Donors. Reporting to the Senior Director, Direct Response, the Director, Mid-Level Gifts will adhere to USA for UNHCR’s high standards of excellence in communication in person, in writing and over the phone.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop, implement and manage USA for UNHCR’s mid-level donor program, including establishing short-term and long-term strategies.
• Manage the production of appeals, renewals, and upgrade materials, as well as all other correspondence and stewardship specific to the mid-level donor program.
• Establish annual cultivation and stewardship strategy in conjunction with colleagues from direct marketing and leadership giving teams.
• Analyze mid-level donor program and help develop strategies for acquiring, renewing, and upgrading donors.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with other development channels and Communications to ensure consistency with communications, messaging, and solicitations.
• Develop highly personalized, appropriate and timely content to ensure the highest possible engagement amongst Mid -Level Donors
• Work with our data analytics team through research, file analysis, data collection and donor interviews to strengthen organization’s understanding of mid-level donors and prospects’ motivations and behaviors
• Develop pipeline of middle mid-level donors, executing on and operationalizing strategies to both increase mid-level donor membership as well as deepen the pool of potential major donors
• Establish targets for and track and report on income and donor volumes against annual plans and budgets
• Organize donor cultivation events in coordination with the events coordinator.
• Assist with other duties assigned by the Senior Director, Direct Response.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum of 12 years of individual fundraising experience with a proven track record of achieving ambitious revenue targets.
• Knowledge of techniques and best practices in annual giving stewardship communications (including email solicitations and social media strategies for online fundraising).
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a team and to build and maintain positive relationships with all levels of the organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and effective presentation skills.
• Strong analytic skills, and ability to apply strategic and creative thinking.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and donor management programs.
• Ensure adherence to timelines, especially as they relate to delivery of stewardship, cultivation and solicitation pieces.
• Ability to manage and deliver on multiple competing priorities
• Exposure to/experience with annual and long-term planning and budgets
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced, results-driven environment.
• Knowledge of refugee issues a plus
• Experience with CRM/eCRM databases
• Willingness and ability to travel when needed.
• Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions
• Acts as visionary for the department and the organization
• Ability to motivate and empower employees to perform to the best of their abilities
• Ability to be flexible, collaborative and catalytic
• Consistently demonstrates patience
• Demonstrates passion for U4U’s mission
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lb.); minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment; may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard.
• Extended periods of sitting at a workstation or desk and manual dexterity to work efficiently on computer keyboard for data entry and composing of documents
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment. May also involve travel to some locations within the company’s region of operations and select donor locations.
USA for UNHCR will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
USA for UNHCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refugees and all other protected classes are encouraged to apply.
Your application was submitted successfully.