USA for UNHCR seeks an Office Coordinator that has a creative mind, anticipates needs, is patient, knows how to work with all personalities, exhibits high levels of customer service, and knows how to keep busy with little direction. In this role, the Office Coordinator will do everything from filling up coffee machines and stocking supplies, to supporting high-impact events from start to finish. This is an important role as it helps to uphold our culture and establishes happiness throughout the organization for our DC staff as well as our remote staff. It is critical they are motivated, flexible, and comfortable with switching between important projects and day-to-day tasks. In this role, the Coordinator will work as part of the team to help bring memorable moments, productivity, and success. The Office Coordinator is organized, personable and detail-oriented. They coordinate various office tasks and functions to ensure office operations run smoothly at all times. Tasks include, but are not limited to, front desk management, answering phones, maintaining office supplies, and scheduling meeting space.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications, both internally and externally, to maintain professional image;
• Manage, sort, and dispense incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail and packages;
• Report any updates or pertinent information related to the security and productivity of the workplace, staff and visitors to the Operations Manager;
• Liaison between building management and office in coordination with the Operations Manager;
• Manages conference facilities including managing usage schedule, coordinating booking requests, and clean-up;
• Coordinates the maintenance and effective use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machine, and postage equipment;
• Responsible for A/V equipment and web-based live streaming software setup and training;
• Coordinates the purchase of office supplies, and equipment in accordance with the organization’s purchasing policies and the Operations Manager’s approval;
• Maintains the cleanliness of the kitchen area and common spaces;
• Maintains relationships with relevant vendors;
• Provides general HR and Finance support as needed and requested by the HR and Department;
• Assists in managing organizational travel to include working with travel vendor, communicating travel policies to staff, and updating travel policy as needed.
• Responsible for the implantation of the Emergency Action Plan in the event of an emergency and updating the Emergency Action Plan in coordination with the Operations Manager as needed.
• Updates and maintains office SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) in coordination with the Operations Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred;
• 2-5 years of relevant work experience that is consistent with the nature of the job;
• Ability to plan, prioritize and schedule work activities while managing time efficiently. Ability to follow instructions as directed, but also the capacity to self-manage;
• Confidentiality and discretion, accountability, professionalism, and commitment to customer service excellence.
• Demonstrates detail orientation
• Ability to collaborate with peers and take direction from leadership to accomplish tasks
• Demonstrates a high degree of customer service to internal and external clients
• Ability to be a quick and eager learner
• Demonstrates passion, the willingness to go the extra mile and stellar customer service skills
• Demonstrates passion for USA for UNHCR’s mission
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting up to 40lbs; minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment; may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard;
• Extended periods of sitting at a workstation or desk and manual dexterity to work efficiently on computer keyboard for data entry and composing of documents.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment. May also involve travel to some locations within the company’s region of operations and select donor locations.
U4U will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
USA for UNHCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refugees and all other protected classes are encouraged to apply.
Your application was submitted successfully.